This WordPress plugin allows you to set a minimum word count required to publish a post. You have the option to exempt administrators from this requirement. As part of this plugin, a “Word Count” column is added to the post listing pages. Also, on the post editing pages, the “Word Count” field just below the content box is now changed to “Live Word Count” and updated as you type. If the current post is below the minimum word count setting, the count will turn red.
- Require a minimum word count to publish a post
- Option to allow administrators to publish below the minimum
- Adds a Word Count column to post listing pages
- Changes ‘Word Count’ to ‘Live Word Count’ on post edit pages
- Download and extract the current version: minimum-word-count-v0-7-0.zip
- Upload the folder ‘minimum-word-count’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Open the plugin configuration page, which is located under Settings -> Min Word Count
- Set your options and save
Word Count column
Live Word Count
- Added “Live Word Count” feature on post edit page
- Added “Word Count” column on post listing pages
- Replaced wp_die with user friendly error messages
- Added success, error messages during admin save
- Autosave checking
- Added Settings link on Plugins main page
- Added option descriptions, about plugin
- Changed admin styling to match WordPress
- Initial development
Please use the contact form below to request new features and report bugs.
This plugin is released under the GNU General Public License v2. You can use it free of charge on your personal or commercial WordPress site. If you are happy with it and find it useful, you can thank us with a donation for the time and effort we’ve spent building and supporting this plugin. Thank you.